15.5.10

The Story of Stuff



I love this video. It shows such a complex and cruel reality in such a simple way.
In fact, it's so simple to understand, that I'm amazed in how hard it is to really take action based in this
knowledge.

How tempting it is to buy something for 2€ or $2 or whatever currency you have, when we know deep inside that
the value is completely unfair and someone, somewhere had to pay it for us, in the hard way.

We really need to know, were are the things coming from, how are they done, and were do they go after we use them.

And what makes me nuts is, we all know this! Common... we do, we know we do. But why is it so difficult to make the
right choice? I'm speaking for my self here. This questions are rolling on my mind for years, and I've reduced A LOT on
my bad choices. But even so, now and then, I do the wrong choice.

Maybe that's just being human. Maybe that's just me excusing myself.

1 comentário:

Sonja disse...

Hey Thanks for visiting my blog!
I love looking into that stuff, I only wish I had more time to do those kinds of posts :o)

This post though, is so very very true. Frighteningly and sadly true. I really want to finish watching this video you posted (it;s currently "buffering" ...so cute how they even incorporated that into the video).