24.10.07

Jan Saudek




Jan Saudek is a Czech Art Photographer, with decades of work.
Is life surpassed nightmares with the nazi and the russian invasion, he saw death and hunger like we may never (hopefully) imagine.

Is biography is by it self very inspiring to me, and even so I may never ( I hope ) see the horrors that he saw, there are some fears that we have in common.
The photographs, that start in the 50’s, are amazing. They reflect raw feelings, in a strange and surrealist world. It's not a easy work to see, but for me, one that makes me feel and makes me think, and that's the most important aspect of any art work.

He also conveys a very personal and expressive touch to is images, by painting and doing some photomontage, that are pretty amazing to see, if we think all the intense labour that must have been, and the dedication needed to do it year after year.

Is site is: http://www.saudek.com/en/jan/uvod.html

Is book:

1 comentário:

paula cruz disse...

Eu já tenho o livro! :-)